Monday, August 18, 2014

So Last-Minute

So, in a few minutes students will return to school and sit in front of me. Today, I'll have to learn the names of 127 students. Well, actually, I know some of them for having taught them in previous years, so it should make the task a little easier. As always, I promise myself that I'll be a strict, mean, well-respected, even feared, teacher, but I know I won't be able to.

Friday, our last day for getting everything ready, was consumed by meetings. Yes, we had a first-day meeting on Tuesday, but apparently it wasn't enough. Upon arriving at school, I saw a sign on the door that the office was closed because there was a meeting from 8 to 10. What? I hadn't heard of it. People tell me it was in that welcome back letter we received at home during the summer. Really? Who still sends letters? That meeting lasted ALL MORNING. Then in the afternoon, there were department meetings and grade-level meetings. When are we to prepare? Oh, yes, the school would open its doors on Saturday for the fools who want to work extra hours just because administration made it impossible for us to accomplish anything during regular hours.

Ready or not, here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Different

So, I figured I should substitute from time to time, at least to keep in touch with the world of education, if not to earn a modest income t...